Zirconium Dental Implants
Zirconium has appeared in recent times as improved ceramic implants; this material has a close-to-metal hardness used in other implants such as titanium.
These implants are the ideal choice for those who have lost a tooth, who have trouble using iron implants, and/or want to improve the quality of their implants in terms of functionality such as chewing food, as well as the appearance of their dentures.
In the world of dentistry, zirconium offers a great advantage since the previously used ceramics could suffer fractures more frequently. On the other hand, aesthetically speaking, zirconium yields that white color that seduces patients and is also more durable.
Why Is It Important to Replace Missing Teeth?
After the loss of a tooth, it is necessary for many people to fill the missing space, not only for aesthetic reasons but also for comfort reasons when chewing and for sensitivity reasons in the affected area.
Hence, if you are familiar with the term, a good option has appeared to replace missing teeth, with a non-metal material, but with similar hardness and a more natural white color, unlike metals that often come with a grayish tone.
Description of the Treatment
The placement of these implants is carried out through surgery, but to reach such surgery, it is necessary to perform some studies first; then, this process is carried out through a few steps as follows:
- The patient goes through a diagnosis procedure on their tooth, the health of their mouth, as well as the condition of their jawbone through dental x-rays.
- With a simple surgical intervention, an incision is made in the gum to the maxillary bone, where the pin will be anchored.
- After a week elapses, the wound points are removed and the process of osseointegration begins.
- Once the osseointegration process, which can last a few months, is finished, the implant is connected to the artificial root or bolt with a simple surgery.
It should be noted that this treatment can last approximately 3 months or more; it will depend a lot on the osseointegration capacity of each individual.
What to Do After the Procedure Is Done?
After surgical intervention, the healthiest thing is to avoid very hard-to-eat meals, and taking enough rest is necessary.
Take plenty of liquid preferably cold and avoid chewing on the intervened side. It is also advisable to avoid very strenuous physical activities, as well as tobacco and alcohol.
The Process of Getting Dental Implants at America Dental
Schedule a call to make an appointment with our team of coordinators or send an e-mail to email@example.com. Also, you could chat with us to get assistance by clicking the blue button at the bottom of the website.
There are several locations prepared in our website to accommodate you while you’re receiving treatment. Our dental office is located in San Rafael de Escazú, San Jose, Costa Rica.
Advantages of Getting the Treatment Done in America Dental
- America Dental doesn’t just specialize in oral treatments. Our professional dentists are dedicated to improving the whole body’s health.
- There is no need for a down payment to make an appointment.
- Our dental implants are lightweight and even stronger than titanium implants.
How do Zirconium Dental Implant Procedure Work?
The procedure starts with local anesthesia. Space is made in the jawbone using special drills, and the implant is placed by Dr. Vargas and the full team. The procedure takes about 40 minutes to an hour. A temporary crown is placed over the implant while it heals. It takes around 6-12 weeks to achieve ideal osseointegration. The temporary crown is then replaced with a permanent one.
Benefits of Zirconium Dental Implants
- Ideal for patients who are allergic to metal.
- They represent a healthier solution in patients who have thin periodontal biotypes or have a tendency to lose gums.
- Zirconium is highly resistant to temperature changes.
- Aesthetic advantages over classic metal implants, due to their natural white color.
- These implants have very good biocompatibility with the body, in addition to their degree of osseointegration superior to the titanium ones.
The Cost of Zirconium Implants Are Less Than Half The US Dentist
Are you wondering what other benefits there are besides the tourism? Well, there is also your budget. Prices for the same treatment are sky-high in private clinics in the US and they often use non-biological materials for implants and old treatments.
Get a Free Dental Implants Quote Done by Our Specialists
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your information, full set of periapical X-rays, panoramic X-rays, and the type of treatment you are looking for. You’ll receive an estimate of expenses free of charge.
Also, you could get a quote via our self-service home page website by clicking on the “get a free estimate” button.