To rest peacefully at night without disturbances.
Dental Night Guard
Comfort and Health
Many people suffering from bruxism could use night dental guards; many don’t know their importance. A bruxism mouth guard is a solution for anyone who suffers from certain sicknesses like bruxism, sleep apnea, and much more.
Bruxism is a common disorder in mouth movement, affecting 13% of the general population. Sleeping Bruxism is the most common situation.
Identify if you need a bruxism mouth guard with the next conditions. However, we will explain to you in detail what a dental night guard is, how to use it, and every important tip you must know about it.
Individuals who suffer from bruxism often remain unaware of the significance of night guard in managing their condition. The lack of awareness can result in prolonged discomfort and potential complications. Therefore, understanding the necessity of a bruxism mouth guard becomes paramount for those dealing with this oral health concern.
¿Do you have bruxism?
Bruxism or teeth grinding is a condition when you grind, gnash, or clench your teeth unconsciously that could happen even if you are awake or when you are sleeping.
Is it considered a movement disorder that is often linked to:
- • Stress and anxiety.
- • Sleep apnea.
- • Snoring.
- • Use medicines, antidepressants especially.
- • Smoking.
- • Drinking an excess of alcohol.
- • Use of drugs.
Symptoms and sings of bruxism can be:
- • Flattened, fractures, chipped or loose teeth.
- • Worn tooth enamel.
- • Sensitivity increased.
- • Earache.
- • Headaches.
- • Sleep disruption.
- • Damage from chewing on the inside of your cheeks.
If you have any of the symptoms listed above, or any questions, please see your dentist before you decide to use any medication or any guard.
Specialist recommended mouth guard for grinding teeth, that most likely will be used overnight and will give you better nights.
Benefits of wearing a night guard for teeth.
Wearing a night guard for teeth offers a multitude of benefits, making it a valuable investment in oral health and overall well-being. Let’s explore some advantages associated with the use of night guards:
- • Prevents tooth damage: Teeth grinding is common and causes an abundance of problems for your teeth. You don’t have control of your teeth when you are sleeping, so, you are unaware that you are grinding your teeth while you sleep.
- • Improves Sleeping patterns: The pain caused by bruxism can affect excessively your sleep quality. The pain caused by bruxism can often lead to discomfort during sleep. Night guard for teeth can allow the muscles surrounding the jaw to relax, giving you the chance to enjoy a more comfortable and peaceful, stress-free sleep. Snoring can be also uncomfortable, dental guards for teeth are specially designed to be extremely easy to breathe in.
- • Prevent Headaches: Grinding and clenching your teeth also causes headaches and toothaches. If you have been waking up with headaches, you can ask your dentist if he recommends a mouth guard for grinding teeth.
- • Reduces jaw tension and pain: Clenching your jaw is another uncontrollable movement that you can’t control when you have bruxism. The temporomandibular joint is the jaw joint that undergoes tension. Night guard for teeth reduces the stress on the muscles of your jaw while you sleep. Your jaw will appreciate it!
- • Prevent Enamel Erosion: One of the issues with grinding your teeth is that it thins the enamel of your teeth and this causes hypersensitivity. Mouth guards are specially designed to stop the unaware grinding teeth during the night.
- • Saves you money: Saving your teeth is important, the damage grinding and jaw clenching causes is costly. As the years go by, your teeth become more severely damaged. You can avoid paying several bills if you use a mouth guard for grinding teeth correctly, if you catch it in the early phases.
You can find our patient’s testimonies on our YouTube Channel
Which mouthguards are better for you?
The types of mouth guards are intended to be specialized for any type of patient, following their characteristics and needs. Most of them have easy and intuitive usage, and they can be acquired by anyone with five dollars.
Nevertheless, there are more specialized kinds of mouth guards; some of them you must go to the dentist and have an analysis to get. Here you have an explained list of different types of mouthguards; there are, organized by the simplest to the hardest:
- • Boil and bite mouth guard is the most common type of guards; they have easy use and are effective for soft bruxism. You just need to boil them to soften them and bite them, and they will fit; you can buy them at any pharmacy.
- • Classic dental night guards are the ones that require your dentist to take an impression of your teeth to make them. They tend to be more expensive, but it is a necessary investment in your dental health.
- • Laminated dental night guards are hardened and resistant protectors, intended to fight the most severe cases. Tends to be the more comfortable and expensive, but its effectiveness doesn’t have a price.
How to use a dental night guard?
We know it is unpleasant to have a big piece of plastic inside your mouth most of the time. We can give you simple tips to make the process easier and more comfortable for you. Don’t resist the pain, it will be uncomfortable, we know, but you don’t have to make it worse than it already is. Many patients make a whole drama about dental night guard for teeth the first days, just to realize it is not so important tomorrow.
Don’t chew the mouth guard is a piece of advice that sounds obvious, but it’s not too much. Our patients get anxious or even panic because of the use of mouth guards; this can provoke them to use them. However, how effective do you think it will be if you chew it too much? It’s a night guard for teeth, not a bone, and if you are not a dog either, you must prevent chewing it; otherwise, you may need a mouth guard for grinding teeth and more time.
At America Dental, our experienced professionals are here to provide guidance on the correct usage of nighttime mouth guard and answer any questions you may have. We understand the importance of making the process as seamless as possible for our patients. Our team is dedicated to ensuring your comfort and satisfaction with the use of a dental bruxism mouth guard, promoting not only the protection of your teeth but also the improvement of your overall oral health.
Remember, the initial discomfort is a small price to pay for the long-term benefits that a dental night gum guard can offer. With the right guidance and support from our expert team at America Dental, you can navigate the adjustment period smoothly and enjoy the protective advantages of a properly utilized night gum guard for teeth.
Drop Us A Line.
Let´s get in touch to talk about your Dental Bone Graft procedure. We want to see your new smile .